- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they have written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 questions to answer.
Thank you to Zboudrie for the nomination! We, at MaeBerry Cosplay, are truly honored and humbled by it. We are ecstatic to participate in this incredible blogging award!
The questions we were awarded:
1. Do you prefer animated movies or live action movies? And why?
Well, the simple answer is that we, as two diverse people, prefer both.
I, @operadivablock (O) prefer live action movies. God knows it is not because of the action sequences, I have severe anxiety and can no longer see action movies in theaters (I know! Its terrible because those are the best ones to see on the big screen!) Anyways, I think it is probably because the plots tend to be more complex, that or I wish that I was the kind of person who could be in an action movie.
I, @skyberry13 (S) prefer animated movies because I really love all of the color. I am fascinated by an artist’s ability to convey complex human emotions with just lines and colors. They take so much time and patience to create and they are often more fantastical. When I watch a movie I like to be taken to another world and live action movies just don’t do that as well for me.
2. What/who introduced you to blogging?
O: I think we kind of introduced ourselves to blogging. I had obviously learned about it in my English classes, but unfortunately blogging had not really taken off yet on the scale that it has now while we were in college. The individual who has given us the most insight into successful blogging was Feliza Casano of Girls in Capes in her Fan Blogging panels at Clexa Con. [see Friday, the Actual Start of ClexaCon. A Convention for Queer Women in Media (But Les-Be-Honest, This Was All About Clexa and the 100) for details]
3. Do you enjoy fanart or fanfictions more? And of what? (specific show/book/game or general topic)
O: Being a writer, my favor of course falls with fanfiction. My first introduction to fanfiction was after my favorite TV Show, Warehouse 13 ended their final season with a straight plotline. God knows Bering&Wells deserved the justice only fanfic writers could give at that point.
S: Being not a writer, I tend to enjoy fanart. Again, I’m real big on color and love seeing all the different styles and interpretations that artists have of characters I love. I am usually satisfied with the cannon and do not often seek alternate endings.
4. Are you a dog or cat person? Or something else?
O: As the parents of two cats I feel we would be remiss in claiming to be anything but cat people. Though, I know that @skyberry13 would prefer not to chose and say that she is in fact both a cat and dog person.
S: That’s because I am a cat and dog person. I am actually just an animal person. I also enjoy the company of rodents, birds, fish (so relaxing to watch). Really, if you put me in a room with an animal, I’m happy.
5. Do you still have cable or do you pay for another service? Or do you just not watch TV?
O: We are moochers, people. There you have it. We mooch off of @skyberry13‘s parent’s Amazon, Netflix, HBO…you name it we mooch off it. What millennial can honestly say that they own all those subscriptions on their own and still manage to feed the aforementioned cats, much less themselves?
S: Thanks Mom!
6. What character do you most relate to?
O: I relate most to Helena G. Wells from my aforesaid favorite TV show Warehouse 13 cuz she is a dynamite gal! I mean the literary mother of time travel and bisexuality? You cannot get better than that.
S: This is actually something I don’t think I really have much of an answer for. Being plus-sized makes it harder to really relate to the characters I enjoy. I suppose the closest I’ve gotten would be to Rose Quartz.
7. Would you travel to space if given the chance and it wasn’t a fortune to travel there?
O: Well, as the science fiction lover that I am I would love to believe that I would jump at the chance to board the Raza and fly among the stars. Unfortunately, I have crippling anxiety when it comes to air travel. So…maybe?
S: I want to say yes, but I think I only would if I was done with Earth. Being the science one I know that space travel can take forever and the only reasonable distance is like the moon and Mars. So I guess I would go to one of those. I would be happy with a trip to the space station honestly.
8. What movie are you most looking forward to or were happy you got to watch this year? (idk how to word that)
O: I was really looking forward to Wonder Woman. I heard from allot of people how feminist it was. Unfortunately, I felt that her need for a man’s death to spur her power in finally winning the battle undermined any feminism in the movie. (I know, #unpopularopinion.)
S: I was probably most excited about Beauty and the Beast (which I really enjoyed, but I’m not hard to please), though I am also looking forward to The Greatest Showman.
9. What type of dessert is your favorite?
O: Favorite dessert? Now, that’s a hard one. I’m gonna have to say creme brulee. I once had a lavender creme brulee at this show-tunes eatery in Santa Fe and it was the most amazing thing ever!
S: The sweet kind… I like cakes and pies and ice-creams. It really just depends on my current mood. Lemon, chocolate, and raspberry are my go to flavors.
10. Are you a morning or night person?
O: Once again on this we vary, I am a morning person. The idea of wasting the day sleeping is something I cannot comprehend. While, @skyberry13 is a night owl. The glow of her screen can be seen from the depths of her covers well into the wee morning hours. And she would sleep all day if I let her.
S: Secretly I am a vampire. Waking up is hard, but once I am up it’s easy to stay up. And I wouldn’t sleep all day, just till like noon… with an occasional nap… so I can stay up all night again. DON’T JUDGE ME!
11. Do you still collect DVDs/books/CDs or do you buy digitally?
O: @skyberry13 has quite a CD collected, she loved listening to them in her car when her radio worked. We own a pretty good selection of DVDs and books, though not read as often as we’d like.
S: I like having hard copies so when the advanced tech fails me (I.E. internet) I still have something I can fall back on. Even though my car player has died (a very sad day, radio is the worst, no one likes commercials every 3 songs), I am always on the look out for new CDs to add to the collection.
We nominate these amazing blogs for this incredible award:
9. I Am Shenade
10. Tux Team Cosplay
11. Mandy Jean World
To Answer These Questions:
1. What fandoms do you belong to in order of preference?
2. What was your childhood like, growing up as a geek?
3. What was your favorite or most memorable Halloween costume as a child? (bonus if you can provide pictures)
4. What was your first cosplay? (gold star for pictures)
5. What was your most recent cosplay? (silver star for pictures)
6. Do you have any cosplay or convention horror stories and, if so, what is the best one?
7. Who is your favorite character to cosplay and why?
8. Who is your cosplay God? (A.K.A. favorite cosplayer)
9. What was the first convention you ever attended?
10. What is your favorite convention to attend and why?
11. Are you a cosplay procrastinator or a proactive cosplayer? (I.E. finish in advance or the night before)